Education plays a crucial role in fostering the eco-entrepreneurial consciousness of future green innovators, entrepreneurs, and employees in the circular economy. The need for new green skills and attitudes is growing with a growing consumer interest in clean, ethically-sourced products, while at the same time appropriate educational content for the development of such skills in secondary schools is lacking.
GREENT was created to fill that gap.
GREENT is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
GREENT is an innovative, collaboratively created set of tools that inspire and support teachers who are willing to deliver the topic of green entrepreneurship to their students in an interactive and practical way. The GREENT toolkit contains an innovative training course for teachers with 36 lesson plans for teachers, a green entrepreneurship syllabus, and a blended learning methodology.
If you are interested in the defining environmental issues of our time and would like to transmit the principles of nature as a source of life, inspiration and entrepreneurial ideas to your students in order to develop their green mindset as future entrepreneurs, the GREENT course is just for you!
Top 6 strengths and benefits of the GREENT course
- Fosters the environmental consciousness and eco-entrepreneurial mindset of your students in a highly practical and fun way.
- Develops new skills and competencies required for green jobs and green entrepreneurship.
- Provides an easy-to-follow structure which combines the acquisition of crucial knowledge on entrepreneurship and environmental stewardship with practical skills on how to develop one’s own sustainable business idea through learning-by-doing approaches that are part of JA’s core educational paradigm.
- Flexible and adaptable to various educational contexts. Can be delivered in full, or only some lessons can be delivered; lessons have core and optional sections teachers can choose from; lessons contain hi-tech and low-tech options in order to be flexible enough for teachers in schools with varying access to technologies.
- Created by teachers for teachers through a collaborative process.
- First of its kind educational content on green entrepreneurship for two target groups – high school teachers and high school students. This is innovation on global scale.
6 reasons to start using the GREENT content today
- Offer your students an entry point to an exciting cross-cutting topic with vital significance for human societies today.
- GREENT allows you to flip the classroom and use a range of innovative teaching techniques that improve the motivation of your students.
- Inspire your students to take personal action and solve some of the world’s most pressing challenges by developing their own sustainable business idea.
- Increase your own knowledge on issues such as climate change, depletion of natural resources, pollution, biodiversity loss, soil erosion, circular economy, sustainable business modeling, sustainable solutions, green entrepreneurship, etc.
- Improve your teaching skills by using new technologies.
- Does not require you to be an expert in ecology, biology or entrepreneurship and economics in order to be able to teach the content.
6 easy steps to start teaching green entrepreneurship
- Take a look at the introduction to our teacher’s manual (link).
- Preview the complete content (link).
- Start experimenting in the classroom (link)!
- Measure your students’ progress and congratulate them about their success.
- Find new ideas and inspiration for your classes from our Facebook page.
- Share your experience with us and help us improve the GREENT content.